To become a member of Melton & District Model Club (MDMC) you will need to submit a completed Application Form to the Membership Secretary, together with the appropriate subscription fee.
Application Forms are available;
- By downloading the form; Membership-Fees-Application-Form-2023.pdf
- From the Flying Field (Whissendine) on flying days
- From the Clubroom on Wednesday evenings (7.30 pm onwards – mainly in the winter months)
- Alternatively contact the Membership Secretary via: Contact Us (putting the word “Membership” in the Subject Field).
*There is no need to complete the Membership Application Form if you are already a member and are just renewing your membership
Fees and Procedure
The subscription fee is made up of 3 parts:
- Annual Fee
- British Model Flying Association (BMFA)* Fee
- Annual CAA Reg. Fee (currently £10 for 2023)
*The Melton & District Model Club is affiliated to the BMFA which arranges Third Party Insurance cover for its members. All members of the MDMC (with the exception of Social members) must join the BMFA, and the club will arrange this for you. If you are already a BMFA member proof of current membership is required in order that the BMFA fee can be waived.
Provisional Membership of MDMC is granted from the date of your application and receipt of the relevant Membership Subscription Fee. This status does NOT allow unaccompanied model flying until:
- The applicant can prove current BMFA membership and has entered all details on the Application Form.
- “Safe” flying has been demonstrated by achieving a BMFA “A” Test Certificate.
Full Membership commences after:
- Approval of your membership application by the MDMC committee.
- Payment in full of the relevant membership subscription.
- Issue of a signed Membership Card by the Membership Secretary.
Applicants under the age of 18 are eligible for Junior Membership.
There is also a special Slot Car Category for Senior and Junior members.
New or lapsed members incur an Admin charge, see Membership Form above for full fee details.
Now offering payment via Paypal (use the ‘Send Money’ option)
Sending money – Personal payments:
The Club has now set up a Paypal account using the club email address.
There are no fees, within the UK, to send money in Pounds Sterling, to the Club when you use your PayPal balance, debit card or bank account (or a combination of those) where no currency conversion is involved.
Log into your Paypal account and make sure you use the ‘Pay or Send Money’ tab and then click ‘Send money to friends and family’ option, (no fees will then be applied if used as described above) then use our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter the correct amount, as specified on our Membership Application Form.
If you wish to pay your BMFA Membership fee yourself, and print out your own Membership Card, you can now do this via the new; BMFA Membership Renewels Website
When entering the BMFA site you need to read the instructions on the renewal page and click on the image to enter your email in the box provided as instructed and click ‘forgot password’ to be sent a password reset to log in to the renewal and payments provider as it separate page from the BMFA main site given above.
I also would suggest that your update your profile with current phone number and emergency contact details as a minimum and a profile pic if possible.
If the BMFA do not have your email address, simply follow the instructions and they will send you a link to your current email address.
You can, of course, still pay the Club your BMFA fee and we will do the rest!