Mark’s near half scale biplane has been finished in a very striking colour scheme which Mark designed himself. The photo below does not to justice to the superb finish and the model really needs to be viewed “close up” to appreciate the excellent workmanship. All control arms, servo arms, fuel and smoke fillers (fuel dots) have been custom made as you can see from the photographs.
Mark has also designed and manufactured the on board smoke system which delivers a really dense smoke trail to compliment the amazing aerobatic manouvers that Mark can demonstrate.
For the technically minded here is the full specification of this model:
- TOC Ultimate 10-300 Designed by Mike McConville
- Powered by DA-150cc and turning a 32 x 10 carbon prop
- MT-Smoke-System – my own design
- Wing Span: 98.5 in ( 2502mm )
- Overall Length: 110 in ( 2974mm )
- Wing Area: 3310 sq in
- Flying Weight: 19.6kg
- Balsa-and-ply construction
- Carbon fibere landing gear
- Covered in white profilm on top and blue profilm on the bottom
- Colour s is all gem stone vinyl graphics made by Mark
- PowerBox 40/24 Professional powered by 2x 4600 NiMH sub C batteries
- Futaba R-5014 DPS 2048 PCM 14ch 35MHz Receiver
- Hi-Tec 5955TG 32kg pull servos all around
- Seiko PS-050 servo on the rudder powered by it’s own 8.4v sub C battery giving 85kg pull !!
- DA-150cc Engine
- JMB 70mm Canisters, the bulkhead had to be modified to fit the Canisters with air tubes made and fitted inside the fuselage to help cool the Canister.